Saturday 24 August 2013

Circuits :-)


I was late. The instructor had called me whilst I was on my way. He was obviously unhappy about it. I was too. 30 minutes late. Didn't plan my nav upfront, another issue. Horrible stuff on my part.

Once I'm through the training, few instructors really should expect some expressions of gratitude for their patience. I am sometimes a massive pain in the arse. :-|

Whilst I was planning the long cross country nav, instructor started phoning up the destinations. Turned out there's an event of some sort at Enniskillen airfield. So no go.

Next on the plan is circuits. Day looked nice, I don't have enough solo circuits anyway in C172 to be sent solo for long QXC - so it made sense.

Went out, to prefly the aircraft. Sitting inside at the end, crash alarm sounded. Turned out, one of the arriving aircraft overshoot the runway. In the end everything was ok, nothing big - but it was nice to see the fire cover guys being scrambled very fast and arriving at the opposite end of the airfield in just over a minute. Impressive.

The runway for the day was 33, with approach over the sea wall. Haven't done that in a while, circuit wise. At least as far as I remember.

The circuit is pretty nice, takes you around Scrabo hill.

Rather uneventful (apart from some people using 22 instead of 33, and bitching about others on the radio..). First two normal, another two flapless. However instructor for some reason decided not to send me solo, even tho I haven't done so bad according to him. There was a changing cross wind - runway 33 is tricky as it is and the incident with someone overshooting the runway a bit.

All in all, rather short lesson - 0.8, circuits in C172.

Tomorrow more coming, hopefully I'll be let out of my leash - I need to do at least few circuits in C172 solo.

Gps trace, as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment